Leander ISD's Vision is that "Students will exit our system with the same passion for learning they had when they entered, without economics determining success. Every Option Open."
A-F State Accountability Ratings Released
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) has released the "What If" A-F ratings for Domains I-IV based on data from the 2015-16 school year. To reiterate the communication sent to parents from earlier in the week, these new A-F ratings are hypothetical; in August 2016, TEA released the official state accountability ratings for the 2015-16 school year in which each LISD campus and the district received a "Met Standard" rating.
Click here for more information
5th Grade Henry Middle School Visits
On Thurs., March 2nd, all Cox 5th Graders will visit Henry Middle School during the school day. Students will tour the school, while also learning about electives. Students will eat lunch at HMS. Students can bring their lunch or purchase lunch at Henry Middle School, using their student ID's or cash. All 5th graders, at Cox, will attend this HMS visit and be transported to the school by bus. Please go to the below link and fill out the HMS Visit Parent Acknowledgment Form. This form allows your student to ride the bus to HMS on Thurs., March 2, 2017.
Click Here to Complete Acknowledment Form
NP4H8 - 21 Days of Kindness
Fri., Feb. 10th - Fri., March 10th
It takes 21 days to make a habit, so make KINDNESS your habit today!
- Fri., Feb. 10th: Say “GOOD MORNING” to everyone you see.
- Mon., Feb. 13th: Share a “SMILE” Day.
- Tues., Feb. 14th: Say “HAPPY VALENTINES’S DAY” to family and friends.
- Wed., Feb. 15th: Make a “NEW FRIEND” at the Buddy Benches today.
- Thurs., Feb. 16th: Offer to help out a teacher or a classmate.
- Fri., Feb. 17th: Write a kind note to brighten someone’s day.
- Mon., Feb. 20th: Hold the door open for someone today.
- Tues., Feb. 21st: Work with a new partner in class:
- Wed., Feb. 22nd: Say “HI” to all of your classmates.
- Thurs., Feb. 23rd: Offer to throw away someone else’s trash.
- Fri., Feb. 24th: Say ‘PLEASE, THANK YOU and YOU’RE WELCOME” today.
- Mon., Feb. 27th: Help clean up the classroom without being asked.
- Tues., Feb. 28th: Give “High Fives, Handshakes or Hugs” Day.
- Wed., March 1st: Let someone go ahead of you in line.
- Thurs., March 2nd: “Don’t MESS with Cox Elementary” Day- Pick up trash in hallways and on the playground.
- Fri., March 3rd: Give Compliments to teachers and classmates today.
- Mon., March 6th: Be Supportive of your friends by Listening.
- Tues., March 7th: Say “NICE JOB” to classmates.
- Wed., March 8th: Write a “Thank You” note to someone you appreciate.
- Thurs., March 9th: “MIX IT UP LUNCH” – Sit with someone new at lunch.
- Fri., March 10th: Kindness Challenge: Wear school shirt and do as many Acts of Kindness as you can in ONE day.
2016-2017 Cox Yearbook
Our Students are busy learning and growing in so many ways. Capture these memories in our Cox yearbook. Yearbooks sell out every year, so don't delay! Effective Sun., Jan. 1, 2017 yearbooks are $25.00.
Click here for more information
|Leander Independent School District presents:
PARENTING THE Love & Logic WAY®
Click here for more information
The Parenting the Love & Logic Way Class goals are designed to help parents:
- Create home environments that stimulate responsibility, resiliency, and academic achievement.
- Prevent misbehavior.
- Avoid power struggles while setting limits.
- Teach character and responsibility through modeling and the application of logical consequences instead of punishment.
- Teach children healthy problem-solving skills.
- Stay calm in stressful parenting situations.
- Help children become prepared to resist drugs, alcohol, violence, and other dangerous behaviors.
The LISD School Spotlight looks at Cox Elementary School. These School Spotlights will be used to showcase student life and the vibrant culture at every school in Leander ISD – through stories, photos and videos. Check it out!
Box Tops Are Poppin'
Continue clipping Box tops for Education. Hundreds of products participate in the program, and you probably already have several in your pantry, freezer, and the fridge. For every Box Top you clip, Cox Elementary PTA receives .10 cents. That may not sound like a lot, but it adds up quickly. Each school can receive up to $20,00.00 per school year from clipped Box Tops. Imagine what Cox Elementary PTA could do with $20,000.00! Let's earn our school PTA some FREE MONEY!!
Cox Spirit Wear
Spirit wear is available for order.
Please click here for order form
LISD Reminds Families that Missing School Matters
Student absenteeism is a concern for school districts statewide, including LISD. It is estimated that Central Texas students are absent 2.4 million days of school. All absences, whether excused or unexcused, are a lost opportunity to learn. Families can help reinforce the value of education by keeping a few things in mind:
- Don’t make others sick. If your child is ill, he or she should stay home.
- Try to schedule appointments when they are least disruptive to learning.
- If your child must miss school for a medical appointment, get a note from his or her Doctor.
- Use the LISD calendar, available at www.leanderisd.org, to plan trips and vacations to line up with school holidays.
- Remember that every absence is a lost opportunity to learn.
- Absences cost your child’s school about $40 per day (per absent student) in state funding.
Make school a family priority.
2016-2017 Cox Elementary School Supply List
Click here for school supply list
drop off/pick up safety
We need your support in ensuring the safety of our students during morning and afternoon drop off/pick up. Please remember to drive slowly and only in the designated direction. Recently vehicles are moving fast, going the wrong direction, and people are texting or talking on their phone. This creates a very dangerous situation for the entire school community. Please be patient and come early if you are in a rush. If car lines are long when the tardy bell rings in the morning or the weather is bad, we do not issue tardies. Thank you for helping us keep our students safe. ~ Mrs. Hawthorn, Principal
NOTES FROM Nurse Susan
Parents: Please remember these very important LISD policies for illness! If your child is running a fever of 100 or greater, vomiting or having diarrhea before school, they need to be kept at home, until all symptoms are gone without the use of any medications for 24 hours. This is to protect not only the other children in your child's classroom, but your child as well. If they are already compromised with an illness, sending them into school only lengthens that illness and opens the door for new contagions to be picked up. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in helping to keep all of our Comets healthy!
Update Phone and contact info with our Registrar – In the event of illness or emergency or when we need to be able to reach
a parent as soon as possible! Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!
As always, please feel free to contact me with any concerns or questions you might have regarding your child's health.
Susan Doyle, RN
|Cox Elementary Backpack Food Program
“Nourishing the bodies that nourish the minds!”
Learn More About the Program
The Backpack Program provides kid friendly meals for students in need at Cox Elementary. Each Friday, children in the program are provided enough food for 6 meals and 4 snacks for the weekend. For some kids, this is the only food they have.
Do You Wanna Be a Watchdog?
Calendar and registration are found on the Asst. Principal's web page.
Requirements: Must be an approved volunteer. Please go to the LISD website, click on Parents/students; then click on volunteer. Complete the volunteer application.
Click here for more information
Let’s Do the TXconnect two-step!
Learn more and register!
The district's online tool, txConnect, allows LISD parents to easily monitor their child's achievement throughout the school year. LISD parents can use txConnect to access their child's grades and assignments, view and print their child's interim progress reports and report cards, view their child's STAAR results, immunizations, attendance and student discipline reports. And beginning this year, parents can use txConnect to view, update and print first-day packet forms. Connecting to your child's learning through txConnect is a simple, two-step process.
Help your school while helping the earth...recycle your paper in our green and yellow bin in back of our building, (East parking lot).
For more information go to
|Thursday, February 23, 2017|
|Offer to throw away someone else's trash |
|Run Club 4/5 - 3:00p - 3:30p|
|Friday, February 24, 2017|
|Say 'PLEASE, THANK YOU, and YOU'RE WELCOME" today |
|Monday, February 27, 2017|
|Help clean up the classroom without being asked |
|Tuesday, February 28, 2017|
|Give "High Fives, Handshakes or Hugs" Day |
|Wednesday, March 01, 2017|
|Let someone go ahead of you in line |
|Spring Pictures - 8:00a - 1:00p|
|Thursday, March 02, 2017|
|"Don't MESS with Cox Elementary" Day-Pick up trash in hallways and playground |
|5th Grade Visit to HMS |
|Run Club 2/3 - 3:00p - 3:30p|
|Friday, March 03, 2017|
|Give Compliments to teachers and classmates today |
|1st Grade Chili Cook Off - 1:45p - 2:45p|
|Monday, March 06, 2017|
|Be Supportive of your friends by Listening |
|Tuesday, March 07, 2017|
|Say "NICE JOB" to classmates |
|Wednesday, March 08, 2017|
|Write a "Thank You' note to someone you appreciate |
To view more information about these and other upcoming events, click on the items listed above in the Calendar of Events.